Maple Ridge Baptist Church (MRBC) is a warm and welcoming church located in the heart of Maple Ridge.
We’re made up of people from all stages and walks of life—young and older; those who are new to Maple Ridge and those who have grown up here; people who have followed Jesus for many years and people who are just exploring who Jesus is. We believe that Jesus changes people’s lives and we invite anyone and everyone who is interested in discovering the power of Jesus to work in them, to join us as we follow Him.
MRBC's Mission is that of every other church:
To make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit and teaching them to obey everything that Jesus has commanded us. (Matthew 28:18-20)
While being a part of the greater Church body means we share the same mission, how we put the great commission into action where God has empowered us to minister is shaped by our vision--How we are called to serve in our specific context.
MRBC's Vision is to grow more like Christ by embracing Him and all that He commands so that, as a community, we will influence our culture with the gospel.
An easy way to remember this vision is by its three parts--that as a church we are:
Connected to Christ
Engaged in Community
Because of the Vision we have for approaching our Mission, we can identify some practical points that are valuable to pursuing a Christ-centered life. These are what we refer to as MRBC's values:
- We seek to grow more like Christ, by the power of the Holy Spirit, in every area of our lives (Philippians 2:13)
Submission to Scripture
- The Scriptures are our ultimate rule of faith and life (2 Timothy 3:16)
- We value prayer because we acknowledge that ultimately it is through the work of God that His ministry is accomplished (Psalm 127:1)
Life of Worship
- We value worship both when we gather (through singing, giving, hearing the Word and serving) as well as when we scatter, understanding that all of our life should be an act of worship (Colossians 3:17)
Commitment in Community
- We value community, with all of the joys and challenges that come with it, as being one of the primary ways through which God shapes us and forms us and uses us (1 Thessalonians 2:8)
- Because Christ has given so freely to us, we gladly give back to Him generously of our time, talents, and treasures (2 Corinthians 9:11)
Sharing the Gospel
- We value telling the good news of Jesus Christ to people in the world around us (Matthew 28:18-20)
If you are interested in knowing more, please don’t hesitate to check out the rest of our website. Better yet, feel free to come by on a Sunday morning at 10:00am. We would love to have you join us!