COMMUNITY Study Questions
- What stood out to you from the sermon?
- Read Genesis 13:1 - 7. The problem that Abram faced in this story was due to his prosperity, not his poverty. In your experience, do you find yourself walking by faith more in the midst of prosperity or the midst of hardship? Why do you think this is the case for you? How might you ‘correct’ this in your walk of faith?
- Read Genesis 13:8 - 13. It doesn’t seem that Lot specifically chose this land because it would lead him to Sodom (where there was much evil) and yet he ended up there. Why do you think this happened to Lot? How does this happen for us today? If it happens so subtly that we hardly notice, how can we become aware of it in our life without becoming defensive?
- Read Genesis 13:14 - 16.
- When you lift your eyes to look back at God’s grace and kindness in your life, what is one (brief) story or example that you can share with your group about how God has been faithful in your life?
- It is not always easy to lift our eyes, especially when we are in the midst of difficult times. When you need help lifting your eyes to see God’s promises in your life, to whom or where do you turn to help you?
- Read Genesis 13:17 - 18. Where is God calling you to ‘live in the land’ and trust Him that He has led you there at this stage in your life? What does this look like for you?
Please be in prayer for:
- The folks attending Starting Point as they are exploring faith and what it looks like to follow Jesus.
- For our Ridge COMMUNITIES, that folks would be connecting well and feeling welcome & engaged.
- For our Ridge KIDS & YOUTH, that they would be experiencing community and that friendships would be developed as they follow Jesus together.