If you are a follower of Jesus, or if you are just interested in exploring more about who Jesus is and what it means to follow Him, you are welcome here!
~ Jonathan Neufeld | Lead Pastor
MRBC's Mission is that of every other church:
"To make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit and teaching them to obey everything that Jesus has commanded us."(Matthew 28:18-20)
Being a part of the greater Church body means we share the same mission. How we as a church action God's call to be part of His Great Commission, is shaped by our vision and values.
- We want to know Jesus and allow Him to change us because we believe it is only through Jesus that we can see real change in our lives. We call this being CONNECTED TO CHRIST.
- We want to follow Jesus together with others who are also on the same journey because we believe that following Jesus together is better and more effective than trying to follow Him alone. We call this being ENGAGED IN COMMUNITY.
- We want to humbly but openly offer the good news about who Jesus is to the world around us because we believe that Jesus offers the best answers to the questions our culture is asking. We call this INFLUENCING CULTURE.
- We seek to grow more like Christ, by the power of the Holy Spirit, in every area of our lives (Philippians 2:13)
Submission to Scripture
- The Scriptures are our ultimate rule of faith and life (2 Timothy 3:16)
- We value prayer because we acknowledge that ultimately it is through the work of God that His ministry is accomplished (Psalm 127:1)
Life of Worship
- We value worship both when we gather (through singing, giving, hearing the Word and serving) as well as when we scatter, understanding that all of our life should be an act of worship (Colossians 3:17)
Commitment in Community
- We value community, with all of the joys and challenges that come with it, as being one of the primary ways through which God shapes us and forms us and uses us (1 Thessalonians 2:8)
- Because Christ has given so freely to us, we gladly give back to Him generously of our time, talents, and treasures (2 Corinthians 9:11)
Sharing the Gospel
- We value telling the good news of Jesus Christ to people in the world around us (Matthew 28:18-20)